We will be anxiously awaiting that first pickup! ¬†We’re so excited to have a farm share again this year!
I wanted to let you know how much my wife, Linda, and I enjoyed the 2012 CSA program. ¬†I do not want to miss a spot for 2013. ¬†We had a 1/2 share which worked out extremely well for two people with no waste.
Our family had a great time with the 2012 CSA program. ¬†The kids really enjoyed the weekly trips to “their farm”, and it also helped to broaden the palette of our 10 yr. old picky eater. ¬†We will be joining in 2013 and thank you again for a fun 2012.
I must share that working at the corn maze last year really impacted my husband and daughter in an unchangeable way. ¬†They are both SO into vegetables from the experience of visiting the farm. ¬†Even reading all the information facts in the maze got them both interested in food. ¬†REAL food. ¬†My years of nagging couldn’t do it, but the farm stand did! ¬†My husband (who never put a green item of food in his body for 35 years) is eating better than he ever has and chomping at the bit for CSA to start to try new things. ¬†So in case no else has said it today–Thank you Lynn & Farmer Pete for all your hard work!
Buy Local-Support Your Family Farm-Eat Well
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) consists of a community of individuals who pledge support to a farm operation so that the farmland becomes the community’s farm, with the growers and consumers providing mutual support and sharing the risks and benefits of food production.
Billingsgate Farm community members buy into the farm’s production at the start of the growing season and in exchange receive a share of the farm’s harvest. ¬†A share holder can come to the farm once a week and pick up our high quality produce. ¬†Our CSA is 18 weeks long and starts June 6, 2013-October 5, 2013. ¬†We do the work (planting, weeding, harvesting) and you do the eating. ¬†Community Supported Agriculture is just one way that we market our products at the farm.
- Shares of our fresh high quality produce offered June 6,2013 thru October 5, 2013
- Over 33 years of farming experience
- Successful CSA seasons in 2011 & 2012
- We take pride in offering over 90% of our own products
- CSA produce is Baystate Organic Certified and grown¬†using¬†traditional practices.
- GAP Certified & CQP Certified
- Our fresh high quality produce and cut flowers are picked every morning from our fields to your table.
- Billingsgate Farm‚Äôs CSA offers full shares and half shares.
- If you are away on vacation, share the wealth, plan on having a friend pick up your share.
- Shares can be picked up once a week at the farmstand on Thurdays 2-6, Friday 3-6, or Saturday 2-6.
- You can leave an item you don‚Äôt like in exchange for something else.
- Work is not required on the farm yet occasionally we offer pick your own.
- We will¬†accept¬†new members until the CSA shares are completely filled. If we reach our capacity before the main season begins we will be more than happy to put you on our waiting list.
- A full share is suitable for 4 people and a half share is enough for a family of two.
We are now selling shares for the 2013 season, please fill¬†out this form, or click on the¬†text below to print a copy. ¬†PLEASE NOTE THE ONLY PICK UP DAY WE HAVE AVAILABLE IS SATURDAY. ¬†THURSDAY & FRIDAY ARE SOLD OUT!
- Acorn Squash
- Apples (Several Varieties)
- Basil (Certified Organic)
- Beans (Certified Organic)
- Bok Choy
- Blue Hubbard Squash
- Brussel Sprouts
- Buttercup Squash
- Butternut Squash
- Butternut Squash (Certified Organic)
- Cantaloupe (Certified Organic)
- Cherry Tomatoes (Certified Organic)
- Cherry Tomatoes (Several Varieties)
- Cucumbers (Certified Organic)
- Delicata Squash
- Eggplant (Certified Organic)
- Fingerling Potatoes
- Garlic Scapes
- Golden Zucchini
- Golden Zucchini (Certified Organic)
- Honey Candy
- Honey Sticks
- Hot Peppers
- Lettuce (Certified Organic)
- Lettuce (several varieties)
- ¬†Mustard Greens
- Onions (several varieties)
- Parsley (Certified Organic)
- Patty Pans
- Peas (Several Varieties)
- Peas (Certified Organic)
- Peppers (Several Varieties)
- Peppers (Certified Organic)
- Pickling Cucumbers
- ¬†Pickling Cucumbers (Certified Organic)
- Potatoes (Several Varieties)
- Pumpkins (Several Varieties)
- Red Peppers
- Rhubard (Certified Organic)
- Salad Dressing
- Spaghetti Squash
- Summer Squash
- Summer Squash (Certified Organic)
- Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Snack Peppers
- Swiss Chard
- Tomatoes (Certified Organic)
- Zucchini (Certified Organic)
Thanks for a great produce year. ¬†The CSA helped us to try new veggies. Have a great off season. Let us know when you open for next season.
-Carrie & Harv
An example of what was offered in a full share August 9, 2012
12 ct Corn
1 pint Sweet snack peppers
1 pint Cherry tomatoes
1 lb Beans
1 large Watermelon
2 ct Bell peppers
2 ct Cucumbers (Certified Organic or traditional)
2 ct zucchini (Certified Organic or traditional)
2 ct summer squash (Certified Organic or traditional)
2 lbs Potatoes
An example of what was offered in a half share August 9, 2012
6 ct Corn
1/2 pint Sweet snack peppers
1 pint Cherry tomatoes
1/2 lb Beans
1 small Watermelon
2 ct Bell peppers
1 lb Potatoes
Along with our own vegetables CSA members received our own popcorn, honey from the beehives at the farm, jam made with our own products, cut flowers, eggs, fruit, cranberries, salad dressing, bread, recipe booklet, and tickets to our first corn maze.
- Our goal is to provide our members with a premier product and following the GAP (Good Agricultural Practices) standards ensures that Billingsgate Farm is on the leading edge of food safety, soil testing, water testing, worker hygiene and a traceability system in effect.